Redsn0w is very popular tool to jailbreak your iOS 8 and 7 iDevice including iPhone, iPad or iPod developed by the Apple Dev-Team. There are so many different versions of redsn0w available for Mac as well as Windows and are considered as one of the most reliable jailbreaks for iPhone and similar devices.
The latest version of redsn0w is with a big update and is very handy as it has the ability to Jailbreak your iOS and installing Cydia.
The old versions of Jailbreak needed to install Cydia manually, but the recent version of redsn0w is very easy to install.
Redsnow Requirements :-
Below providing you the steps to download Redsnow for Jailbreak process you should be aware the basic thing required by that tool.
- Supported Apple devices including iPad, iPod and iPhone.
- Supported are iOS 7, iOS 8 and later version.
- Smartphone with active internet and Wi-fi collection.
How to use RedSn0w to Jailbreak and Install Cydia
We have given the steps for a tethered Jailbreak for iOS 8 and lower devices:
- Download the latest version of redsn0w.
- Plug in your iPhone to computer and switch to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode. [DFU mode can be enabled by pressing and holding the home and power button for 10 seconds and release the (only) power button for another 10 seconds.]
- Click on Jailbreak option. You will be prompted to select an option. Please make sure that Install Cydia Option is checked.
- Click on Next. The Jailbreak process will be completed in about 5 minutes.
- After the process is finished and you see the Home screen, enter your device into DFU mode again.
- Go back to the home page of rainsn0w.
- Select Extras -> Just Boot.
- A tethered boot will be done and you will see the Cydia on your Home screen after your device is rebooted.
- Open the Cydia, download your favorite apps and enjoy.
As this is a tethered Jailbreak it needs some extra care. For more information on redSn0w, stay connected with us to know more about redsnow , Cydia and Samsung Note 7.
You’re most welcome, In case of any errors or problem you may get during the time of installation or Redsnow Jailbreak process or after completing that. Please be specific with error report and also share your device details like device name and running iOS, so that we can help you with most accurate answer.
If you want to install Cydia on Android related mobile then you will have to wait for Note 6 and another piece Galaxy S8 from Samsung. That will have option to get such repository to get free premium applications.
Also don’t forget to comment and share your experience about this Jailbreak and installing Cydia without manually installing it.