If the Windows 7 installed in your computer is not genuine, then after a few days, a error message pops up in the down right hand corner of the screen telling you that the date has expired and the copy of the Windows is not genuine. Even if you close the message, the message keeps popping up after every few minutes. And this will continue until you fix the problem,or install a genuine version of Windows 7.
This happens because the Windows genuine checker constantly checks whether or not the version installed is a genuine version. This is quite irritable, and in Windows 8 it restricts some of the functions as well. If the computer detects that the version of the Windows 8 installed is not genuine, then it does not allow to set the lock screen picture, and the account picture. Instead it prompts to activate the version of Windows with a key.
One of the things that can be done to prevent this from ever happening is to install a genuine version of the Windows you are currently using. By doing this the windows genuine checker would not prompt the message as the version is always genuine. But this method would cost you as the genuine installation DVD or ISO of Windows 7 or 8 comes with a price tag. And not all of the users can afford to have a genuine installation DVD. So for them there are various other ways of getting rid of this problem.
I would suggest you to buy genuine copy of Windows only. But let say you are student and can’t afford that then you can still buy genuine version, as Microsoft have some student related offers too. Please checkout the official Microsoft Store and you will able to find all the currently working deals.
One of the best solutions is that to activate the version of Windows with a Windows Activator. There are various activators that are available on the internet. But the activators of Windows 7 and Windows 8 computer are different, so do not try to activate Windows 8 or 8.1 with a Windows 7 activator.
- If you are using a windows activator, simply open the activator as it is an executable file.
- Then click on the version of the Windows you are using, and then click on Activate.
- After the process is over, then the computer need to restarted, and the windows that is installed on the computer would be categorized as a genuine version of windows.
But if this technique is too complicated for you, then there are a couple of other simplified techniques.
How to fix Windows 7 not Genuine build 7601 Error
There are three different method for fix the windows not genuine error. It can be caused by either lack of permission in registry key HKU\S-1-5-20 or windows being used it in trial mode. It can also be happen when some registry keys are missed.
If you are facing problem using missing registry keys, I would suggest you to check Windows Support forum. They have given detailed solution for same.
Method A : Resolve Windows not genuine error by removing file
- Go to the control panel, and open updates.
- Find the update named “KB971033″ and uninstall it.
- Then as always restart the computer.
- After restarting the problem will be fixed.
Method B : Fix Error using Command Prompt
- Open the command prompt, and type “SLMGR – REARM”
- After that just press enter. Then a pop up message will appear telling you that the command was successfully executed, and that the computer needs to be restarted.
- After restarting the computer, the windows would become genuine, or at least be categorized as such.
It is important to note that, Both method are just workaround. Using Method B you will able to postpone error for 30 days and you can use that for Three times only. So total you can remove “Windows 7 not Genuine Error” for 90 days only. After that you will need to renew your Windows. Same is the case for method A.
Note from Editor : Method given here are not permanent but it will still help you a lot to test the water and I would suggest you to make good habit of buying such premium OS and software instead of finding hack of that.