Want to chat with WhatsApp users from your Blackberry Smartphone? Then you should download and install official WhatsApp messenger for your ease of usage.
Whatsapp is an extremely popular cross platform instant messaging application available on all the major operating systems like iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Symbian. It is free for one year, then you have to pay $0.99/year in order to continue using its services. It uses internet connectivity to send your messages to another Whatsapp user. Either you can use your mobile network plan or Wi-Fi any of them would be sufficient to send your messages. The process to add contacts is also very simple. It uses your contact address book in your phone and who all are registered on Whatsapp will be shown to you as your Whatsapp contacts on the Whatsapp screen. It is a very feature rich application. You can share images, music, audio, videos, contacts, location (thanks to the google maps integration). You even get a real time confirmation about your messages being delivered and read. No wonder it has crossed the billion users mark around the world.
As there are many operating systems, in the market, application developers have to make sure that their application is supported by all the major operating system. As Android gained its popularity all around the world, the popularity of Whatsapp also grew. More and more people started using it. For example, if an Android user wants to chat with his friend on Whatsapp who have Blackberry OS, then they can do so only if Whatsapp is supported by both the OS.
It is important to note that WhatsApp App for BlackBerry is FREE to use and available for BlackBerry torch 9800, q10, storm, bold 9000, bold 9900, z10, curve and playbook.
How to Install Whatsapp app on Blackberry for FREE:
Step 1: Go to the Blackberry World from any computer or laptop having an internet connection. In Blackberry world, go to the Whatsapp Messenger home page. You can use this link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360/?countrycode=US&lang=en
Alternatively, you can download it via Whatsapp ota website.Just use your Blackberry browser when visiting the website.You should set your ‘Browser Identification’ to ‘Blackberry’ under Browser > Options > Browser configuration > Browser: Internet Browser, save the settings and refresh the page. The minimum requirements are that you should have Blackberry OS version 4.6 or higher and Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) or Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES)
Step 2: Just above the description of Whatsapp you will see a blue ‘Download’ button, click on it.
Step 3: You will get a prompt message to log in. Sign in into the Blackberry website by entering your Blackberry Id and password.
Step 4: After logging in you have to confirm that you have to download Whatsapp Messenger to your device. Then it will be sent to your device for downloading.
Step 5: After downloading and installing is finished, you can find it on your device within ‘My World’.
Step 6: Launch the application by clicking on it. Enter your name and phone number. Whatsapp will confirm it by sending you a verification code. Enter that in the verification code section. Set your profile picture and status message if you want to. That’s it you are set to start chatting with your family, friends, colleagues and relatives.
Congratulation! Now you have successfully installed WhatsApp for your Blackberry Phone and Tablet. Simply open that and start messaging with your friends.
Read : Get eBuddy Messenger for Windows and Mac PC
Also Check : Download Kik messenger for Windows & Mac PCs
Errors while using Whatsapp on Blackberry mobile :
1) If you get some error while installing or using then the majority of these problems can be solved by performing a clean install. To do a clean install you delete Whatsapp from your Blackberry device and then reboot it when asked. Then download the latest version of Whatsapp following the same steps as above mentioned. After this your problem should be solved
2) If you get an error like “Error loading module ‘Whatsapp’: too many applications loaded” then this means that the problem is not with the Whatsapp Messenger but with your Blackberry OS. You should security wipe your phone. If security wipe also fails then you have to re-install your Blackberry OS.
3) If you receive IT policy or permission errors or if you receive either of the messages below:
- “The Application WhatsApp has attempted to open a connection inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy”
- “Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException”
Then it might be because you did not grant proper permissions to Whatsapp. To fix this Go into Options > Device > Select Application Management > Select Whatsapp and edit permissions > Set it to Allow and Save and then reboot your device by removing your battery.
4) If you cannot send and receive messages then check your network connection or Wi-Fi network.
if you have any question or queries, please post them by commenting here. I will try to reply you as soon as possible.